Monday 14 February 2011

Statement


Graphic Design is key to me, and is where I feel my future lies. My interest in graphic design stems from when I began using software like Adobe Photoshop, and how software like that opens up a whole new world in terms of design. While I absolutely appreciate and respect Graphic Design, I don’t feel like I know all there is to know about it, but that just fuels my interest in the subject- wanting to know more, and expanding my horizons, and I feel this course can do exactly that.

In the images I have shown in this blog, I have tried to show parts from all the projects I have been working on, on my foundation year, as well as some self initiated work. While the images in the blog may not flow as well as they could, I felt it was important to show the different varieties of methods I have used as well as the idea generation. Some of my work shows the influence of artists I have looked at, such as the Shepard Fairey Angel of the North, as well as a variety of other artists in other projects, such as Art Spiegelman for the Grids Nets and Maps Comic, and Brian Dettmers for the book project. I feel it’s good to bring together the inspiration of other artists into your work, but not only designers- fine artists, sculptors etc, also provide interesting links.

To pick a particular project that I have enjoyed, I would choose Grids, Nets and Maps, as I feel I showed a high level of progression from when I first took photographs, then created drawings from these photographs, then looking at a variety of ways to display my findings, deciding upon a comic, researching into comics, deciding on media and finally the creation of the comic itself. It’s a fun journey both during, and to look back on after.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment